Search engine optimization (SEO) is one of the most important tools for generating leads through online searches. Only 64% of small businesses have a website. By being online and optimizing your customers’ website so that search engines can find them, you could push them ahead of their most significant competitors.
Agencies have a few options for providing SEO to customers. You could provide in-house SEO. In most cases, this involves hiring SEO specialists in-house to supervise freelance writers who prepare landing pages and onsite content for your clients.
The other option is to become an SEO reseller. SEO resellers enter into an SEO reseller plan with a white label SEO company. Rather than providing SEO services to your customers, you can rely on your white label SEO partner to provide expertise in preparing an SEO strategy and executing the SEO strategy by sending you completed landing pages and onsite content.
This relationship provides a few benefits to your firm and your clients.
- A white label SEO firm usually has expertise that might be difficult to match with an in-house hire.
- Paying a white labeled SEO company for SEO services is usually cheaper than hiring an in-house employee to handle your customers’ SEO needs.
- Your company can add a premium to the SEO reseller plans. This can turn an SEO reseller program into a profit center for your agency.
SEO reseller programs can help your agency and your customers. Here are some tips for picking the right white label SEO program for your agency.
Read Online Reviews
Since your digital marketing firm and the white label SEO companies you want to hire exist in the online world, the first place you might look for feedback on a company’s SEO reseller proagram is online reviews.
Just bear in mind that white label SEO programs are intended to be branded with your agency’s brand. This is the reason the phrase “white label” is used. It is like a product with a white label that allows you to re-brand the product. This means that the online reviews you find will only be from agencies. Most agency customers will not be aware that their SEO was prepared through a private label SEO program.
However, agency reviews will give you an idea of how well the SEO company works with agencies.
Make Sure You Have Strong SEO
To evaluate a white label SEO provider, you need to know SEO yourself. This will give you the expertise to know if the white label SEO provider can meet your expectations and help your client.
Use Video Calls to Assess Communication
Interview your candidates for outsourced SEO services by video call. This gives you a few benefits:
- You can have a conversation specifically directed to communication and what you expectations are for communication from the provider.
- You can interview SEO providers from around the world to find the one that best fits your needs and budget.
- During the COVID-19 pandemic, video calls allow you to interview white label SEO firms without traveling.
- You can accomplish more in one or two video calls allow you to accomplish more than a long email chain.
Define and Use KPIs
Key performance indicators (KPIs) allow you to evaluate a white label SEO provider’s past performance. Before you begin working with a white label SEO provider you need to understand what you expect from the provider and whether it can meet your expectations.
KPIs like turnaround times, on-time history, and customer satisfaction scores will tell you how private label SEO programs work with agencies. Ranking tracking tells you how effective they are at providing great SEO content.
Understand How the Firm Approaches SEO
There are many approaches to SEO. SEO can be a nuanced process where a few tweaks in content can make an enormous difference in ranking.
You want to understand how the SEO firm approaches SEO. For example, many SEO providers have keyword specialists who do nothing except conduct keyword research all day. SEO providers also have content strategists who advise you in how to implement an effective SEO strategy for your customers. These content specialists can help you determine which pages to optimize, how to optimize for trending keywords, and how to find keyword opportunities to capture more traffic.
You should determine if the SEO provider’s approach matches yours. If an SEO provider complements your agency’s expertise and experience, it could be a good fit. But if it leaves you with gaps in expertise, it might not be a good fit. For example, if neither you nor an SEO provider have a keyword specialist, you should probably keep looking for SEO providers.
Review the SEO Provider’s Technology
The SEO provider’s technology platform will make your process more efficient and your relationship for effective. When you review your SEO provider’s technology, a few features to look for include:
- White label SEO dashboard: A white label SEO provider should give you an online, or even mobile, tool for managing your SEO orders. Ideally, the dashboard should give you more functionality and more interactivity, so you can accomplish more with the dashboard rather than having to call or email the SEO provider for every question or issue you have.
- Automated communication tools: A white label SEO provider should keep you informed about your orders. Most provide automated emails to let you know when each step is completed. For example, when the keyword specialist chooses a keyword strategy, you should receive the report. When your order is completed, you should get a notification. And most importantly, as the SEO provider tracks rankings, you should receive updates. This will keep you in the loop but also help you keep your customers informed so they know how their websites are performing.
White label SEO is a great opportunity for your agency to boost its SEO expertise and create a profit center for your business. Find the right SEO provider and your agency can provide your customers with this great service.